Welcome Back from Spring Break
The Library has been a busy place while you were gone. Here is an update on some of the major changes:
- Art Books – the art books (call numbers beginning with N) have been moved to the newly renovated second floor reading room. We expect the second floor to reopen this week. In the meantime, you need to request any book with an “N” call number at the Circulation Desk. We will page the book(s) for you. We hope this will be necessary for only a couple days. Thank you for your patience.
- Reference Books – the reference collection has been moved from its temporary location to the new Reference Room (to the right of the Reference Desk as you come down the stairs on the main level). The furniture in the Reference Room will be assembled later this week, but you are welcome to use the collection.
- Math and Science Books – the math and science books (call numbers beginning with Q) are being moved from the compact shelving to their permanent location in the stacks on the lower level. They will reside in the location vacated by the N’s. That move should be completed by Wednesday (3/26). The books are accessible, but if you have difficulty finding something during the move, ask for help at the Circulation or Reference desks.
- Music Books – call numbers beginning with M (music) and L (education) are being moved, temporarily, into the compact shelving on the lower level (this is in the room behind all the book stacks) . This is necessary to create space for reorganizing the rest of the lower level stacks. The compact shelving area is accessible.
- R – Z Call Numbers – these books are also in the process of being moved to their permanent location, following the Q’s.
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, but we think the result will be worth it.