Junot Díaz Coming to Purchase Tues., 10/7 @ 4:30 in PAC
Acclaimed writer Junot Díaz will be reading his work, giving a lecture, signing books, and speaking with students, faculty, and staff at Purchase on Tuesday. Díaz has received the MacArthur Fellowship, the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, and the National Book Award for Fiction. He is the author of two collections of stories, This Is How You Lose Her (2013) and Drown (1997), and the best-selling novel The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (2008).
Díaz will be in the Performing Arts Center’s PepsiCo Theater on Tuesday, Oct. 7 from 4:30 – 6:30 pm. The event is free and open to the public. Díaz will be signing books after the lecture. For more information, please call (914) 251-6550.
In the Library, we have the following Díaz works:
- This is How You Lose Her – Call #: PS3554.I259 T48
- Drown – Call #: Perm.Reserves PS3554.I259 D76
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao – Reserves PS3554.I259 B75
We also have:
- The Story and Its Writer: an Introduction to Short Fiction (Call #; PN6120.2 .S85), which includes a chapter on Díaz.
- Weird English (Call #: PR888.L35 C47), which also includes a discussion of Díaz’s works