24/5 Hours Starts Today! Library open 8am Mon. 12/1 thru 12am Fri. 12/6
Starting December 1st, the Library is open 24/5 through the rest of the semester. During this period, the Library is open continuously 5 days a week (from Sunday at noon until Friday at midnight), closing at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
24/5 Hours* Begin Monday December 1st:
|Monday, December 1 — we will open at 8:00am and stay open until 12:00am (midnight) Friday, December 5.||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday, December 6||10:00am – 12:00am|
|Sunday, December 7 — we will open at 12:00pm (noon) and stay open until 12:00am (midnight) Friday, December 12.||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday, December 13||10:00am – 12:00am|
|Sunday, December 14 — we will open at 12:00pm (noon) and stay open until 7:00pm on Friday, December 19.||Open 24 hours|
*Not all services may be available at all times during 24/5
Services & Events
- Ask Us 24/7 Chat is available around-the-clock. To get help from a librarian see: http://purchase.libguides.com/askus
- Text Us will maintain the same hours as the regular semester, ending at 11pm on weeknights. See Text Us hours.
- Group Study Rooms (Rooms 2001A and 2001B on the 2nd floor) can be reserved through Roombook. For instructions see http://tinyurl.com/reservestudy
- Finals Countdown: The Library is holding relaxing study-break events the week before finals (December 8-12), including: button-making, postcards, cheese tasting, free tea, knitting, board games, and other activities. Look out for an upcoming email with more details!
- Respect Your Purchase! We ask for your help keeping the Library clean and respecting the Study Zones during the 24/5 finals period. Please be mindful of those studying around you (including on floors below and above) and refrain from holding conversations, group meetings, etc. in the Silent and Quiet areas and hallways outside of classrooms. Group work should take place in Group Study zones only. Is someone being too loud in a Silent or Quiet area? Hand them an Own Your Zone card located in holders throughout the stacks or text a librarian at (914)873-1711! Help us make the Library a calm and relaxing study space for everyone.
- Remember to carry your MORE Card with you at all times if you come to the library overnight.
- Commuters, please be advised there is no overnight parking in Lot W1 from 2:00am to 6:00am
- When using Library computers, save your work by emailing files to yourself or saving to a USB flash drive–do not save anything to the Desktop/My Documents as public computers are regularly wiped of all files. Lab computers automatically log off if left inactive for 5+ minutes, so if you need to step away, be sure to save your work and log yourself off.
- Please review the Library’s Policies on guests, food & drink, noise, and cell phones.