CTS systems maintenance may affect library website, printing on Sun. 10/11 7pm-11pm
On Sunday Oct. 11th from 7pm to 11pm, CTS will perform maintenance on all campus systems including email, Moodle, and web servers. Internet access will remain available throughout the maintenance window, however access to all campus-based services will be interrupted.
During this time, it is possible that the Library website may not be available. It is also possible that the print servers may be affected and printing may be temporarily disabled or may take longer to come back on line. Please plan to print your documents accordingly before 7pm or after 11pm.
According to CTS: “High-utilization services (such as Email, Moodle, and Web servers) will be the last to be shut down, and the first to be brought back online. Some Wi-Fi devices may also suffer brief interruptions.”
Luckily, there are additional ways to access library resources, without going to the Library homepage. These resources are not hosted on the campus servers and should remain available during the maintenance window, as long as you have Internet access:
- Catalog: Access the Catalog at http://purchase.libguides.com/catalog. Links to Worldcat and the Local Catalog are on the righthand column of this page.
- Databases: Go directly to the alphabetical Databases List at http://purchase.libguides.com/databases or use a Research By Subject Guide appropriate to your topic.
- Pro tip: If you are using a computer on campus and a database fails to open when you click on it, there’s a work-around! Copy/drag the link into a new browser window and delete the ezprozy prefix from the front of the URL, everything before the second http. Delete this part: “http://ezproxy.purchase.edu:2048/login?url=” (This does not work if you are off campus.)
- If none of the Library’s databases are working, try Google Scholar at scholar.google.com. Remember to save any useful citations so you can use the Library’s Citation Lookup feature later on to get the full text of the article for free.
- FAQs: For general questions about library services, you can search our FAQs even if the library homepage is down. Just go here: http://purchase.libanswers.com
- Get Updates: Check the Library’s Facebook and Twitter for updates about outages and restoration of access.
For more help, see this FAQ for work-arounds to accessing library resources: http://purchase.libanswers.com/faq/36795