Category Archives: hours
On Sunday Oct. 11th from 7pm to 11pm, CTS will perform maintenance on all campus systems including email, Moodle, and web servers. Internet access will remain available throughout the maintenance window, however access to all campus-based services will be interrupted.
During this time, it is possible that the Library website may not be available. It is also possible that the print servers may be affected and printing may be temporarily disabled or may take longer to come back on line. Please plan to print your documents accordingly before 7pm or after 11pm.
According to CTS: “High-utilization services (such as Email, Moodle, and Web servers) will be the last to be shut down, and the first to be brought back online. Some Wi-Fi devices may also suffer brief interruptions.”
Luckily, there are additional ways to access library resources, without going to the Library homepage. These resources are not hosted on the campus servers and should remain available during the maintenance window, as long as you have Internet access:
- Catalog: Access the Catalog at http://purchase.libguides.com/catalog. Links to Worldcat and the Local Catalog are on the righthand column of this page.
- Databases: Go directly to the alphabetical Databases List at http://purchase.libguides.com/databases or use a Research By Subject Guide appropriate to your topic.
- Pro tip: If you are using a computer on campus and a database fails to open when you click on it, there’s a work-around! Copy/drag the link into a new browser window and delete the ezprozy prefix from the front of the URL, everything before the second http. Delete this part: “http://ezproxy.purchase.edu:2048/login?url=” (This does not work if you are off campus.)
- If none of the Library’s databases are working, try Google Scholar at scholar.google.com. Remember to save any useful citations so you can use the Library’s Citation Lookup feature later on to get the full text of the article for free.
- FAQs: For general questions about library services, you can search our FAQs even if the library homepage is down. Just go here: http://purchase.libanswers.com
- Get Updates: Check the Library’s Facebook and Twitter for updates about outages and restoration of access.
For more help, see this FAQ for work-arounds to accessing library resources: http://purchase.libanswers.com/faq/36795
The Library will be open during the following hours on Labor Day weekend:
Friday, September 4th: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, September 5th: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Sunday, September 6th: 12:00pm – 2:00am
Monday, September 7th (Labor Day): 6:00pm – 2:00am (open in the evening only)
Please see the hours page on the Library website for more information. Note: Text Us is not available when the Library is Closed. For help from a librarian, use the Ask Us 24/7 Chat service or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you!
Happy Labor Day!
Welcome new students, faculty, & staff! The Library will be open during the following hours this semester:
Orientation/Welcome Weekend (August 29 – 30):
|Saturday, August 29||11:00am – 5:00pm|
|Sunday, August 30||11:00am – 5:00pm|
Regular Semester Hours (Starts Monday, August 31):
|Mondays* – Thursdays||8:00am – 2:00am|
|Fridays||8:00am – 10:00pm|
|Saturdays||11:00am – 8:00pm|
|Sundays||12:00pm – 2:00am|
|*exception: Monday, September 7 (Labor Day)||6:00pm – 2:00am|
|Note: on particular holidays and during weather emergencies, Library hours may vary from those given above. For the latest information, please call the Circulation Desk at 914-251-6401 or view our hours page: http://purchase.libguides.com/hours|
In observance of Independence Day, the Library will be closed Saturday, July 4th and Sunday July 5th. We will maintain our regular hours Monday June 29th- Friday July 3rd, and we will reopen on Monday morning at 8:00 AM. Have a safe and happy Fourth of July! For full hours, see our Hours page.
On-campus summer classes begin June 8th. The Library will be open longer hours from June 8th to July 31st. We’ll also be open on Saturdays! See our hours page for more info.
Summer Sessions II-IV (June 8 – July 31):
|Mondays – Thursdays||8:00am – 10:00pm|
|Fridays||8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Saturdays||12:00pm – 5:00pm|
|*Exceptions: Saturday, July 4||Closed|
The Library’s 24/5 finals period schedule will end at 11pm Tuesday May 12th. We will be open on a limited schedule the rest of the week. The Library will be closed on Friday, May 15th through Monday, May 18th due to Commencement and the campus electrical shutdown. In addition, we will be closed to the public on May 20th for an all-staff retreat. Please see our interim and summer session hours below or view them on our hours page.
Enjoy the end of the academic year!!
End of Spring Semester Hours:
|Tuesday, May 12||Close at 11pm|
|Wednesday, May 13||8:00am – 4:45pm|
|Thursday, May 14||8:00am – 4:45pm|
|Friday, May 15 (Commencement)||Closed|
|Saturday, May 16||Closed|
|Sunday, May 17||Closed|
|Monday, May 18 (Electrical Shutdown)||Closed|
|Tuesday, May 19||8:30am – 4:45pm|
|Wednesday, May 20 (Staff Retreat)||Closed|
Summer Session I* (May 18 – June 7):
|Mondays – Tuesdays||8:30am – 4:45pm|
|Wednesdays||8:30am – 7:00pm|
|Thursdays||8:30am – 4:45pm|
|Fridays||8:30am – 4:00pm|
|Saturdays & Sundays||Closed|
|*with the following exceptions:|
|Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day)||Closed|
|Wednesday, June 3||8:30am – 7:00pm|
|Thursday, June 4||8:30am – 7:00pm|
24/5 Hours* Begin Sunday April 26th:
|Sunday, April 26 — we will open at 12:00pm (noon) and stay open until 12:00am (midnight) Friday, May 1.||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday, May 2||10:00am – 12:00am|
|Sunday, May 3 — we will open at 12:00pm (noon) and stay open until 12:00am (midnight) Friday, May 8.||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday, May 9||10:00am – 12:00am|
|Sunday, May 10 — we will open at 12:00pm (noon) and stay open until 11:00pm on Tuesday, May 12.||Open 24 hours|
Services & Events
- Ask Us 24/7 Chat is available around-the-clock. To get help from a librarian see: http://purchase.libguides.com/askus
- Text Us will maintain the same hours as the regular semester, ending at 11pm on weeknights. See Text Us hours.
- The Reference Desk will be have additional hours during finals. It will be staffed from 3pm to 7pm the two last weekends of the semester.
- Group Study Rooms (Rooms 2001A and 2001B on the 2nd floor) can be reserved through Roombook. For instructions see http://tinyurl.com/reservestudy
- Finals Countdown: The Library is holding relaxing study-break events the week before finals (April 27- May 1), including: button-making, postcards, cheese tasting, free tea, knitting, board games, a book sale, and other activities. Look out for an upcoming email with more details!
- Respect Your Purchase! We ask for your help keeping the Library clean and respecting the Study Zones during the 24/5 finals period. Please be mindful of those studying around you (including on floors below and above) and refrain from holding conversations, group meetings, etc. in the Silent and Quiet areas and hallways outside of classrooms. Group work should take place in Group Study zones only.
- Is someone being too loud in a Silent or Quiet area? Hand them an Own Your Zone card located in holders throughout the stacks or text a librarian at (914)873-1711! Help us make the Library a calm and relaxing study space for everyone.
- Remember to carry your MORE Card with you at all times if you come to the library overnight.
- Commuters, please be advised there is no overnight parking in Lot W1 from 2:00am to 6:00am
- When using Library computers, save your work by emailing files to yourself or saving to a USB flash drive–do not save anything to the Desktop/My Documents as public computers are regularly wiped of all files. Lab computers automatically log off if left inactive for 5+ minutes, so if you need to step away, be sure to save your work and log yourself off.
- Please review the Library’s Policies on guests, food & drink, noise, and cell phones.
The Library will be open the following hours over Spring Break:
Spring Break Hours 2015 (March 28 – April 5):
|Friday, March 27||8:00am – 7:00pm|
|Saturday, March 28||Closed|
|Sunday, March 29||Closed|
|Monday, March 30 – Thursday, April 2||8:30am – 4:45pm|
|Friday, April 3||8:30am – 4:00pm|
|Saturday, April 4||Closed|
|Sunday, April 5||6:00pm – 2:00am|
Note that not all services may be available at all times. For full hours, see http://purchase.libuides.com/hours.
For help from a librarian, use our Ask Us 24/7 service: http://purchase.libguides.com/askus
The Purchase College Library will remain open following our regular hours today, Thursday March 5th. We will be open from 8:00am until 2:00am. Afternoon classes at Purchase College have been cancelled starting at 12:30pm due to snow.
Although the Library is open, not all services may be available. Reference Desk services are unavailable today, however you can still get help from a librarian via our Text Us and Ask Us 24/7 Chat services. You can also email a librarian at email@example.com.
The Library will be return to our normal hours today, Tuesday February 3rd. We will be open from 8:30am to 2:00am. See Library Hours page for updates and information about weather emergency hours.
Just a reminder: While the Library is open, classes are delayed this morning. Classes will begin with 10:30 AM scheduled courses on Tuesday, February 3rd. Classes that meet from 8:30AM-10:10AM will not meet. Classes that begin at 8:30 and meet until 12:10 will convene at 10:30.